Cedarville University is a five-year and graduate degree granting institution chartered by the state of Ohio and certified by the Ohio Board of Regents.
The University holds membership in the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org, phone 312-263-0456. This recognition signifies that the University is accredited.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- The Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (EAC/ABET), for the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree, and Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree
- The Computer Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (CAC/ABET), for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree
- The Council of Social Work Education (CSWE), for the Bachelor of Science in Social Work program
- The Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), applies to all business degree programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), for the Athletic Training program
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), applies to all music degree programs
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), applies to all undergraduate and graduate programs within the department of education