A Distinctive Model for Spiritual Formation
Daily Chapel with Relevant Biblical Teaching and Authentic Praise
- Cedarville is 1 of only 7 institutions in the CCCU to provide daily chapel.*
- Of those who provide daily chapel, Cedarville has the highest expectations for student attendance.*
- Cedarville students and alumni overwhelmingly affirm that chapel has been a vital part of their spiritual growth and development.
Bible Minor Requirement
NOTE: Cedarville University is the only CCCU school to both provide daily chapel and require a Bible minor for all students.*
Division of Christian Ministries
Biblical Approach to Scientific Research and Study
- Cedarville leads the way in promoting a biblical view of stewardship and scientific study.
- Guided by biblical theology, sound reason, and a passion for life, the Center for Bioethics at Cedarville engages the complex bioethical questions of our day.
Cedarville scientists affirm the Genesis account of creation in all aspects of scientific research and study.
Focus on Discipleship and Missions
- In 2007 more than 85% of students reported that they were involved in a voluntary discipleship or Bible study group.
- 675 Cedarville students participated on 68 community ministry teams that made a difference in local churches, social agencies, schools, and more.
Missions Involvement Services sent 27 teams to 20 countries last year. Nearly 300 students, faculty, and staff were involved.
* Fall 2007 survey of institutions that are a part of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU); survey conducted by the Cedarville University Advancement Division. The CCCU is an international higher education association of intentionally Christian colleges and universities that has 105 members.