Aaron Gosser serves as assistant professor of studio art and teaches courses in drawing, painting, installation art, and art history. He holds a B.A. in art with a concentration in painting from Goshen College (2002) and received an M.F.A. in visual art from the Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University (2007). As a painter, his work leverages the inherent historical context of the medium to confront issues of online social interactivity and digital simulacra. Fragments of discarded media find their place alongside canonical works of art, emblematic of a landscape flattened by the Google search query. Professor Gosser has been at Cedarville since 2005.
- Bumper Sticker: I'd rather be painting.
- Pretending to be a farmer
- Generally geeking out over new technology (I'm a Mac)
- Active member of the Colbert Nation (Wrist-Strong!)
- Hanging out with wife Sarah and lil’ artists-in-the-making Lola and Henry.