Billy Marsh, Dir, Online Bible Programs/ Asst Prof of Theological Studies
Professor Marsh sensed a call to vocational Christian ministry early in his life and developed a passion while in college for the recovery of the pastor-theologian role. For him, this role represents the inherently pastoral nature of the knowledge of God of which theology that is done in accord with the Scriptures seeks to understand. His research interests have been specifically in the fields of biblical theology, the doctrine of Scripture, hermeneutics/biblical interpretation, Christology, Reformation studies, and Martin Luther.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. (ABD) in Systematic Theology, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div. with a concentration in Theology, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A. in Christian Studies, North Greenville College
- Favorite places to visit: Great Smoky Mountains; Rocky Mountains; Yellowstone; Montana; Charleston, South Carolina; Israel
- Hobbies: playing guitar, reading (fiction/nonfiction), grilling, fishing, hiking, spending time with family
- Why I’m at Cedarville: Cedarville provides a unique higher educational environment where students have the opportunity to grow in their faith and knowledge of God, and to learn how to integrate that same faith into everyday life and into the culture and the public square. These are commitments I value greatly, and I am blessed to have a role to play at Cedarville in achieving these goals.