Professor Huckaby teaches courses for the sport business management major in the School of Business Administration. She also teaches a number of courses for the exercise science major and several minors in the Department of Kinesiology and Allied Health. She serves on the Faculty Academic Advisory Council and has been at Cedarville since 2005. She is a member of the North American Society for Sport Management and the American Alliance for Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. Professor Huckaby received the SOCHE Faculty Excellence in Teaching award in 2011.
Education and Credentials
- M.Ed., Lynchburg College
- B.S., Baptist Bible College
- Hobbies: Gardening, reading, anything related to being outdoors! Loves being with her three nephews and niece! Has a passion for anything history related and is a multiple dog owner.
- Favorite Places to visit: Anywhere that has a beach and a pool! South Africa, Dominican Republic, Jamaica on missions trips.
- Unusual facts: Was a karate student who could break 4 inches of wood; coached for 20 years, including five at Cedarville and has been to over 30 States, living in seven of them.
- Why Cedarville: When I stepped on this campus, I knew it was something different and special. There is a freedom to be authentic and real about life and struggles/victories. I LOVE teaching and being able to talk about my subject area in light of God’s Word.
- Fitness Industry
- Physical Fitness
- Women in Sports