Dr. Johnson serves as assistant academic vice president and dean of the college of health professions, is senior professor of exercise science, and serves as associate women's tennis coach. At Cedarville since 1974, Dr. Johnson helped establish Cedarville’s Academic Enrichment Center and is co-author of the textbook Physical Fitness and the Christian: Exercising Stewardship, which is in its fifth edition. She was head coach Cedarville’s women’s tennis team for 30 years, and chaired the NAIA Women's National Tennis Tournament Committee for 20 years. Dr. Johnson has been inducted into athletic halls of fame by Cedarville University, the NCCAA, and the NAIA.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Physical Education, The Ohio State University
- B.S. in Health and Physical Education, University of Dayton
- Church Involvements: Church choir, ministry for children with special needs, and small group leadership support.
- Dr. Johnson and her husband, Cliff, enjoy tennis, hiking, fishing, traveling, and special times with children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: After coming to saving faith in Jesus Christ my junior year in college, God opened doors that led to Cedarville. He used Cedarville students and faculty to play key roles in bringing me to Him, and then led me to Cedarville to spend my life investing in and being edified by subsequent generations of students, faculty, and staff. The blessing of being able to come to “work” each day to walk and work beside brothers and sisters in Christ at various points in their walk with Him is hard to describe. What a joy it is to watch students and colleagues alike grow to become more like Christ as they seek to discover, develop, and invest their gifts and abilities for Him.