Public and Private School Students
Under the CCP funding agreement that Cedarville has chosen, public and private high schools are responsible to provide textbooks for their students taking CCP-funded courses. Guidance counselors must state on the Course Request Form whether they wish for Cedarville to provide your textbooks and student statement to the high school or whether they will provide your textbooks from another source. Please ensure that the Textbook Information on the Course Request Form is fully completed before submitting your form.
- Cedarville's low-cost textbook rental system is available to you at the Cedarville University Bookstore.*
- Be sure to obtain all resources listed as "required". "Alternate" resources are available when a bundled resource is out of stock or you prefer a different condition (used vs. new). "Optional" resources are not required. You may want to wait until class begins to ask your instructor about optional resources before purchasing or renting.
To determine what textbooks are required, follow these steps.
- Log in to CedarInfo.
- Locate the "Academic (Student) Transactions" heading and then select the "Your schedule, adviser, and library ID" link.
- On your schedule, select the link "Textbook" next to each course number to view basic textbook information.
- Select "View Item" to be directed to the Cedarville University Bookstore website.
- You will see all available options for your textbook: new, used, or rental. If you do not see any textbooks listed, contact your program adviser to make sure there are no books required.
- Local students may pay for textbooks online and indicate in-store pickup to avoid shipping charges.
- Purchase textbooks a month or so prior to the start of class and not before. Changes in textbooks typically occur over the summer. If you purchase textbooks at the Cedarville University Bookstore, and the textbook changes, you can easily exchange your book.
- If purchasing elsewhere, be certain you have the correct ISBN.
*NOTE: The Cedarville University Bookstore has reopened. Please visit the Cedarville University Bookstore website to view summer hours. If you are planning to order textbooks online, be aware that the website will not be complete until mid-July.