Upon acceptance to the Summer Studies program, you may be asking "What's next?" Please refer carefully to the next steps so that you are prepared for a successful Summer Studies experience!
- Reserve your space in Summer Studies.
Submit your $50 pre-payment to reserve your space in the Summer Studies program. Your pre-payment is refundable through April 29. Cancellations after April 29 will forfeit the pre-payment.
- Complete the Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Log in to the Financial Responsibility Agreement with the user name and password you created when you applied. Select the term Summer Session 2016, "click Continue", read the agreement and click "I agree". Even students with College Credit Plus funding must complete the agreement.
- Contact a program adviser.
Program advisers help you select your class and can answer questions you have about attending Summer Studies.
- Register for class.
All Summer Studies class registrations are completed by submitting a completed and signed Summer Studies Course Request Form. Forms will be available from a program adviser on Monday, April 4, 2016.
A guidance counselor's signature is required to register for courses. If you attend home school, your parent can sign as the guidance counselor. You will receive a confirmation email from your program adviser when you are registered.
- Arrive for check-in.
Check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 11, 2016. Plan to arrive on campus at Printy Hall student lounge no later than 1:30 p.m. If you need to arrive earlier than 1:30 p.m., please contact your program adviser so that we can ensure a University representative is available to greet you.
- Coordinate airport transportation (if necessary).
If you need airport transportation, please contact your program adviser for more information.
- Review the Summer Studies Guide.
Please refer to the Summer Studies Student Guide 2016 for important information for both residential and commuter students. Contact your program adviser if your question is not answered in the student guide.
- Settle your student account.
You can view your student account or your invoice by logging in to CedarInfo. Under the heading "Financial Transactions," select "View your student account" or "View your current invoice." Payment is due in full by June 10, 2016. You may mail a check to Cedarville University Cashier, 251 N. Main St., Cedarville, OH 45314, or you may log in to EZ Pay and choose to make a one-time payment using a credit card or debit card. Note that payment using a debit or credit card will incur a 2.5% transaction fee.
If you have questions about your student account, please contact the Cashiers Office.
- Purchase textbooks.
You will have assigned reading to be completed before you come to campus. Follow the instructions below to determine textbooks and purchase through the Cedarville University Bookstore. If you live locally, you may purchase your text(s) from the Cedarville University bookstore located on the bottom floor of the Stevens Student Center on campus. The University bookstore will not be open on check-in day and will be closed during Summer Studies for renovation.
To purchase your textbooks:
- Log in to CedarInfo,
- Locate the heading "Academic (Student) Transactions" and then select the link "Your schedule, adviser, and library ID."
- Select the "Bookstore" link on the left side of the schedule.
- Type your student ID number into the "Search by Student ID" field. Your 7-digit student ID is located on your schedule. Click the Search button.
- Purchase required text(s) for your course.
- Complete waiver forms.
The following forms must be completed and signed for student participation in various Summer Studies activities:
- Submit waiver forms.
Forms will be available at check-in. However, if a parent or guardian will not be present during check-in with the student, please submit the medical and waiver forms before arriving on campus. Forms may be submitted by fax at 937-766-7595, scanned and emailed to Student Services, or mailed to Cedarville University Student Life, 251 N. Main St, Cedarville, OH 45314. Please fax, email or scan to the attention of Abbey Siebert.
- Understand FERPA and student records.
All higher education students are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, regardless of age or instructional delivery method.
- Academic records: Summer Studies students may waive their privacy rights and allow University personnel to speak with parents regarding their academic records. Students who wish to waive thier privacy rights must request a waiver form by contacting the Office of the Registrar. FERPA waivers are not posted online for download because the form must be provided directly to the student. Parents may not request a FERPA form. For more information, the University's FERPA policy is detailed on the Office of the Registrar's website.
- Financial records: Students who wish to waive their privacy right and allow parents access to financial records may contact the cashiers office or complete and submit a Financial Information Release Form.
- Complete your final exam.
Final exams are scheduled to end at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, June 24.
- Say goodbye to new friends.
Summer Studies officially ends at 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 25. All students should plan to depart by noon. Students who have a flight requiring an earlier departure may make arrangements with Abbey Siebert to leave any time following completion of their final exam.
- Apply for undergraduate admission.
If you are a rising senior and wish to apply for admission to Cedarville as a college freshman, it's an easy process! Contact a University admissions counselor with questions about undergraduate admissions.