Upon acceptance to the Summer Studies program, you may be asking "What's next?" Please refer carefully to the next steps so that you are prepared for a successful Summer Studies experience!
- Reserve housing.
Submit your $50 housing deposit to reserve your lodging in a residence hall.
- Sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Log in to the Financial Responsibility Agreement with the user name and password you created when you applied. Select the term Summer Session 2015 (not Summer Session V 2015)
- Contact a program adviser.
Program advisers help you select your class and can answer questions you have about attending Summer Studies.
- Register for class.
All Summer Studies class registrations are completed by submitting a completed and signed Summer Studies Course Request Form.
A guidance counselor's signature is required to register for courses. If you attend homeschool, your parent can sign as the guidance counselor. You will receive a confirmation email from your program adviser when you are registered.
- Arrive for check-in.
Check-in begins at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 13, 2015. Plan to arrive on campus at Printy Hall student lounge no later than 2 p.m. If you need to arrive earlier than 1:30 p.m., please contact your program adviser so that we can ensure a University representative is available to greet you.
- Coordinate airport transportation (if necessary).
If you need airport transportation, the University will provide transportation to Dayton International Airport for $45. Transportation to Port Columbus International Airport is $80. Please request airport transportation by completing the Summer Studies Airport Transportation Request Form. For more information, please contact Residence Life by calling 937-766-7872 or by emailing Student Services.
- Review the Summer Studies Guide.
Please refer to the Summer Studies Student Guide 2015 for tips on what to bring if you are a residential student and for information about campus life.
- Settle your student account.
You can view your student account or your invoice by logging in to CedarInfo. Under the heading "Financial Transactions," select "View your student account" or "View your current invoice."
Please settle your account online by logging in to EZ Pay and choosing to make a one-time payment. Payment may be made by scheduling an EFT from a checking or savings account or by using a credit card or debit card. No transaction fee will be charged for Summer Studies payments made using a credit card. Full payment is due by June 2. If you have questions about your student account, please contact the Cashiers Office.
- Purchase textbooks.
You will have assigned reading to be completed before you come to campus. You will purchase your textbooks prior to coming to campus and bring them with you on check-in day. If you live locally, you may purchase your text(s) from the Cedarville University bookstore located on the bottom floor of the Stevens Student Center on campus. The University bookstore will not be open on check-in day.
To purchase your textbooks:
- Log in to CedarInfo,
- Locate the heading "Academic (Student) Transactions" and then select the link "Your schedule, adviser, and library ID."
- Select the link "Textbook" on the left side of the schedule.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Begin Price Comparison."
- Purchase required text(s) for your course.
- Complete waiver forms.
The following forms must be completed and signed for student participation in various Summer Studies activities:
- Submit waiver forms.
Forms will be available at check-in. However, if a parent or guardian will not be present during check-in with the student, please submit the medical and waiver forms before arriving on campus. Forms may be sumitted by fax at 937-766-7595, scanned and emailed to Student Services, or mailed to Cedarville University Student Life, 251 N. Main St, Cedarville, OH 45314.
- Understand FERPA and student records.
All higher education students are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, regardless of age or instructional delivery method.
- Academic records: Summer Studies students may waive their privacy rights and allow University personnel to speak with parents regarding their academic records. Students who wish to waive thier privacy rights must request a waiver form by contacting the Office of the Registrar. FERPA waivers are not posted online for download because the form must be provided directly to the student. Parents may not request a FERPA form. For more information, the University's FERPA policy is detailed on the Office of the Registrar's website.
- Financial records: Students who wish to waive their privacy right and allow parents access to financial records may contact the cashiers office or complete and submit a Financial Information Release Form.
- Complete your final exam.
Final exams are scheduled to end at 2:30 p.m. on Friday, June 26.
- Say goodbye to new friends.
Summer Studies officially ends at 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 27. All students should plan to depart by noon. Students who have a flight requiring an earlier departure may leave any time following completion of their final exam.
- Apply for undergraduate admission.
If you are a rising senior and wish to apply for admission to Cedarville as a college freshman, it's an easy process! Contact a University admissions counselor with questions about undergraduate admissions.