Deb Haffey, Senior Professor of Communications
Dr. Haffey teaches public speaking and political communication. She has received the following honors: Faculty of the Year Award, 1998; Alumni Association Distinguished Educator Award, 2006; University Service Award, 2009; the Cove Award, 2011; as well as recognition for her debate coaching accomplishments from the National Educational Debate Association on three separate occasions. She is a member of the Phi Kappa Phi honor society and has been listed in Who’s Who Among Women in the U.S.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- M.A., The Ohio State University
- B.A., Cedarville University
- I relax by gardening – it reminds me of the essential task of caring for creation that humankind has been given. Mystery novels – what’s not to love about them? I’ll read other fiction and nonfiction also, but mysteries win hands down. Time is best spent, however, with people, especially family.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I love to teach, and I love to teach talented and motivated young Christians who are anxious to think through important issues of life and who want to continue learning to integrate their education with biblical truth.
- Political Communication
- Political Rhetoric
- Women's Issues