College Credit Plus
Experience online college courses for high school students.Learn More »

Yes, depending on your high school’s regulations regarding dual enrollment. Students interested in Cedarville University Dual Enrollment courses should contact their guidance counselor to verify the high school's policy before enrolling in Cedarville University Dual Enrollment.

Beginning fall of 2014, Cedarville University will participate in Ohio's Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program.

No. Classes are asynchronous, meaning that they do not meet live online. You will log into the Moodle Learning Management System to get assignments and a link to the course website. Activities vary from course to course and can include any of the following: readings, discussion, written assignments, video or audio content, quizzes or exams, or group projects. 

A full-semester three-hour course will likely require about 7-10 hours of study time per week. Eight-week courses will likely require 12-14 hours of study time per week.

DE students are eligible to take courses until they have completed their fourth year of high school or reached the graduation date given in the initial application, whichever is earlier. Eligibility for Dual Enrollment pricing expires at graduation from high school, as established at the time of admission as a Dual Enrollment student. Fifth-year high school students are not eligible for Dual Enrollment pricing.
Because of the rigor of Cedarville’s courses, both Dual Enrollment and undergraduate students must demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics and English. Students may satisfy the mathematics proficiency by scoring 19 or higher on the math section of the ACT or by scoring 500 or higher on the math section of the SAT. Students may satisfy the English proficiency by scoring 21 or higher on the English section of the ACT or by scoring 500 or higher on the Critical Reading section of the SAT. Dual Enrollment students who have PSAT scores but who have not yet taken the ACT or SAT may register for courses other than math or English until they submit either ACT or SAT scores that demonstrate proficiency. 

Yes. Cedarville University holds membership in the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, signifying that the University is regionally accredited. The University is also certified by the Ohio Board of Regents.

For most courses your computer must meet these basic and minimum requirements. Some courses require an additional software purchase that must be installed and tested prior to the start of class. Individual course syllabi will specify any additional requirements. You must also have access to high-speed Internet.

For courses that have a lab component (e.g., Principles of Earth Science), you will receive a lab kit or virtual lab package. Then you will individually perform the lab and submit the results.

Before dropping courses, consult with both the Dual Enrollment coordinator and with your high school guidance counselor, carefully considering the impact on both high school and college graduation requirements. Students should refer to the "Academic Information" section of the online catalog for important deadlines and requirements related to dropping a course. To initiate the process of dropping a course, contact the coordinator for Dual Enrollment.

If you decide to take a semester off, please inform the Dual Enrollment coordinator of your plans. To register for a subsequent semester, you must pay a $50 deposit and submit the appropriate Course Request Form. Contact the Dual Enrollment coordinator with questions.

You are expected to actively participate in the online course schedule provided by your instructors.

In general, no. While some college activities may directly relate to specific courses taken by Dual Enrollment students (e.g., art, music, drama activities), most such activities are inappropriate.

No. Since Summer Studies is a part of the Dual Enrollment program, you do not have to complete a separate application. To attend Summer Studies, you must pay the housing deposit and submit a completed Summer Studies Course Request Form. Contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator for more information.