Dr. Eddie Baumann teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in philosophy of education and educational psychology, as well as the graduate course Diversity and Social Issues in Education. He has been teaching at Cedarville since 1993. Prior to coming to Cedarville, he taught in both public and Christian school settings. He has also served as a visiting professor at Columbia International University in South Carolina. Dr. Baumann’s research interests include the relationship of a biblical worldview to education and biblical integration and pedagogy.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Urban Education (Philosophical Foundations of Education), University of Wisconsin
- M.S. in Human Learning and Development, University of Wisconsin
- B.S. in History and Philosophy, University of Wisconsin
- Secondary Education Teaching Certification (Comprehensive Social Studies), State of Wisconsin
- Favorite Places to Visit: Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and the Great Wall of China
- Hobbies: Biking, rowing, reading
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville provides students the opportunity to critically examin aspects of education and faith and the relationship they have one to the other, with the goal of being able to integrate faith and practice regardless of where God calls them to serve.