Dr. Margaret (Peggy) Grigorenko specializes in the areas of reading and literacy and special education. Margaret has taught in public, Christian, and international elementary, middle, and high schools in Colorado, Oregon, Nepal, Indiana, and Ohio. The focus of her research is on social and language factors that may constrain students’ reading progress. Recent scholarship has focused on the concept of “academic language.” She has served at Cedarville University since 2006.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Language, Education and Society, The Ohio State University
- M.Ed., Master Teacher, Cedarville University
- B.S. in Elementary and Special Education, Bowling Green State University
- Licensed as: Elementary Teacher (grades 1–8); Intervention Specialist: Mild to Moderate (grades K–12)
- Favorite places to visit: Wherever my children and grandchildren are
- Hobbies: Biking, target shooting, swimming, and (of course) reading