Dr. Timothy Heaton has been in Cedarville teacher preparation since the fall of 1987. He has been teaching full time since 1973. Tim has been professionally involved in national and international teacher training programs. His most recent project was a role in the writing of “The Elephant Project.” This publication will be a template for training teachers in developing nations on how to biblically integrate their curriculum. Tim is noted in the community for his work with urban schools and diversity projects. He has been active in his local church in various roles from ministry teams to teaching classes at all levels.
Education and Credentials
Ph.D. in Educational Leadership/Curriculum/Communication, The University of Dayton
M.S. in Christian School Administration, Grace Theological Seminary
B.A. in Geography Education, Wittenberg University
- Favorite Places to Visit: Europe, the Northeast and Northwest U.S., the West shore of Michigan, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Hobbies: His seven grandkids' activities, reading, refinishing furniture, interior design, landscaping, floral designing, and traveling domestically and internationally. He and his wife, Martha, love cruises!
- Why Cedarville? My response is: Why not? It is an outstanding University with national and international accolades. It has a committed and scholarly faculty members, known for their excellence and biblical integration in their specific disciplines.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Common Core Curriculum Standards
- Brain Compatible Learning
- Learning Styles
- Learning Disabilities
- Social Studies