Jeremy Ervin, Dean, School of Education & Associate Professor
Dean, Associate Professor of Education
Dr. Ervin is the inaugural Dean of the School of Education. With his experience in providing professional learning for K–12 teachers and his time teaching pedagogy in higher education, he recognizes how the 21st-century classroom needs to center on the engagement of the learner with enduring understandings. As a certified 7th–12th grade mathematics and science teacher, his research interest has been focused on STEM literacy and aimed at building connections between teachers, professors, and teacher-candidates. Dr. Ervin’s expertise enables him to provide effective workshops on STEM education, technology integration, and curriculum design around Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Science Education, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Science Education, The Ohio State University
- B.A. in Comprehensive Science, Cornerstone University
- Michigan State Certified Certificate, Secondary Education for Comprehensive Science and Mathematics
- Ohio Non-tax State Certified Certificate for Administrative and Supervision
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist (Plant Health Care Expert)
- Favorite places to visit: Large cities (especially New York City) and NBA arenas
- Interests: Sports (especially college basketball), gardening, landscaping, and playing with my kids
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville University provides me the opportunity to train Christians to be competent, capable, and Christ-honoring teachers in our post-Christian culture. Educators train our future, and I have the ability to impact our future teachers to be salt and light for God’s glory.