A native of southern Ontario, Dr. Brown began his career in Germany and did applications engineering for a wide variety of electric drive systems. His expertise includes AC drives for transportation and mine equipment. Dr. Brown holds three patents and has authored numerous papers and journal articles on truck and shovel drive systems. He’s been a consultant for off-highway drive systems and hybrid vehicle applications since 2004. Dr. Brown serves as the electrical advisor to Cedarville’s very successful solar boat team. He is a member of the Creation Research Society, IEEE, and ASEE.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, McMaster University
- M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, McMaster University
- B.Eng.Mgt. in Electrical Engineering, McMaster University
- Fluent in conversational and technical German
- Soccer, masters swimming, house projects, classical electromagnetics
- To invest in the next generation of engineers who will be “skilled in their work” and qualified to “serve before kings and not before obscure men.”