Dr. Hegna served in the United States Air Force before joining the faculty at Cedarville University. He previously taught at both the U.S. Air Force Academy and the Air Force Institute of Technology. He conducted computational fluid dynamics research at the Air Force Flight Dynamics Laboratory. Dr. Hegna was awarded the Cedarville University Outstanding Advisor award in 2009.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- B.S. in Aeronautical Engineering with High Distinction, University of Minnesota
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- Favorite places to visit: Intermountain West
- Hobbies: Downhill skiing, travel, hiking, biking
- Why Cedarville: Touching the lives of students; experiencing the blessing of friendships.
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer