Dr. Shortt worked at a public utility in Virginia before earning his master’s and doctoral degrees. He then worked in Florida as a power supply design engineer and later in Washington, D.C., for the Department of the Navy as a spacecraft power system engineer. One of the spacecraft that he helped develop, Clementine, is on display in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.S.E.E., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.S.E.E., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Favorite places to visit: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia; Nags Head, North Carolina; Yellowstone National Park
- Hobbies: Racquetball, Guitar, Electric and Upright Bass, Woodworking
- Why Cedarville: This is where God wants me to be.