Dr. Thompson joined the faculty at Cedarville in 1995 and has taught Engineering Graphics, Fortran Programming, Statics, Dynamics, Electronics and Instrumentation, vibration and pump efficiency mechanical engineering laboratories, Kinematics and Design of Machines, and Dynamics of Machines. With Engineering Graphics, he was the first to develop an engineering course offered online through Cedarville University. He serves as advisor to the Society of Engineers Aiding Missions (SEAM) and has led several teams of students in serving Christian ministries through engineering projects in Liberia, West Africa.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University
- M.S.M.E., University of Nebraska
- B.S.M.E., University of Nebraska
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Music (trombone, singing)
- Kinematic Design of Mechanisms