Prior to coming to Cedarville in 1990, Dr. Sims taught at two other universities. He invested six years as Chairman and Professor of History at Pillsbury College in Minnesota, and he spent two years teaching at Azusa Pacific University. He was also a staff assistant to Congressman David Dreier from 1984 to 1990.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., Claremont Graduate School
- M.A. in History, University of Northern Iowa
- B.A. in History, Cedarville University
- Favorite places to visit: Washington, D.C.; any Civil War battlefield
- Hobbies: Playing trumpet, reading, playing golf
- Why Cedarville: I am at Cedarville because I love Christian young people. I love teaching and interacting with them. It is exciting to watch them grow in the understanding of Christ’s love and His plan for their lives.