The Cedarville University athletic training program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) through 2020-2021 and will prepare students for the Board of Certification (BOC) examination.
The mission of this program is to advance the kingdom of Christ by preparing entry-level athletic trainers, through diverse learning experiences, to practice competently and professionally throughout the world. Our objectives are to:
- Provide quality health care including prevention, diagnosis, and intervention to patients and clients who participate in physical activity.
- Utilize therapeutic techniques and equipment safely, appropriately, and effectively.
- Instruct and educate patients and clients in areas of prevention, stewardship, and convalescence.
- Implement organizational skills enhancing their ability to manage an athletic training facility.
- Locate, interpret, and implement athletic training research.
- Conduct themselves professionally, demonstrating Christlike characteristics of compassion, integrity, humility, patience, and responsibility.