The Cedarville University athletic training program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and will prepare students for the Board of Certification (BOC) examination.
The mission of this program is to advance the kingdom of Christ by preparing entry-level athletic trainers, through diverse learning experiences, to practice competently and professionally throughout the world. Our objectives are to:
- Provide quality health care including prevention, diagnosis, and intervention to patients and clients who participate in physical activity.
- Utilize therapeutic techniques and equipment safely, appropriately, and effectively.
- Instruct and educate patients and clients in areas of prevention, stewardship, and convalescence.
- Implement organizational skills enhancing their ability to manage an athletic training facility.
- Locate, interpret, and implement athletic training research.
- Conduct themselves professionally, demonstrating Christlike characteristics of compassion, integrity, humility, patience, and responsibility.
Additional information about the athletic training program can be found in the academic catalog, course requirements and descriptions, and four year plan.