View Current Catalog
Mission and Objectives
After completing the exercise science major at Cedarville University, students will be able to:
- describe the appropriate use of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease.
- perform basic laboratory skills pertaining to data collection, assessment, analysis, and reporting in exercise science.
- coordinate instruction for the improvement of sport and exercise performance for recreational and elite athletes and design educational opportunities to enhance physical activity and lifestyle behaviors in fitness and wellness centers, community health agencies, work site facilities, and hospitals.
- influence our society to be physically active through dissemination of information based on quantitative and qualitative research.
- sit and pass the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), or National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) certification exams.
- integrate Christian values and display Christ-like characteristics of compassion, integrity, respect, gentleness, patience, and responsibility in their personal and professional lives.