Our mission is to prepare students for certification in teaching health and physical education at Pre-K to grade 12 in diverse settings. Presentation of principles, understanding of knowledge and implementation of skills are examined in light of scriptural truth. The ultimate goal is the development of quality Christian teachers with a sound, biblical world view who will impact the community and world in which they work and live.
As a department we strive to prepare our students to meet and accomplish the National Standards for Physical Education in their teaching. The six standards below are the foundation and building blocks of physical education.
National Standards for Physical Education
Student will be able to:
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expressions and/or social interaction.