Brent Etzel, Director, Library Public Services
Brent provides leadership in the delivery of the library’s user education program as well as other areas of library public services. He works with classroom faculty to teach students research skills and strategies so that they will be more successful in their studies. Brent also serves at the library's reference desk, assisting students and faculty in their research.
Since becoming an academic librarian in 2000, Brent has worked extensively in providing research instruction to first-year students in general education courses. Earlier in his academic career he also served as an adjunct instructor for courses in history and interdisciplinary studies. Prior to working in higher education, he served as a librarian in both public and corporate libraries. He and his wife have four children.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. History, Illinois State University
- Master of Library Science, Indiana University
- B.A. Political Science, Franklin College of Indiana
- long-distance running & fitness
- U.S. & Canadian history
- watching sports (esp. the Baltimore Ravens)
- laughing and sharing stories with family & friends