Professor Leightenheimer joined the faculty of Cedarville University in 1982. An experienced broadcaster, he has many years of experience in on-air performance, audio production, station management, and sales. He has advised the student radio station at Cedarville since its inception in 1990. He is a member of the Intercollegiate National Religious Broadcasters advisory council as well as the Broadcast Education Association, the Ohio Association of Broadcasters, and the Christian Music Broadcasters. He has been honored as the Cedarville University Faculty Member of the Year, Academic Advisor of the Year, Faculty Innovator of the Year, and Southwest Ohio Council for Higher Education Award for Faculty Excellence and Innovation.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in Telecommunications Management, Ohio University
- B.A. in Broadcasting and Speech, Cedarville University
- Certificate, NewTech Production Program, The Recording Workshop
- Favorite Places to visit: Algonquin Provincial Park and Stratford, Ontario, for the Shakespeare Festival
- Hobbies: shooting sports, hunting, cycling, gardening, art glass
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I am at Cedarville because God has given me the privilege of working with students to help prepare them to influence those around them for Christ ... and I appreciate corn fields.
- Civil War History
- International Media
- Media History
- Radio Drama
- Stained Glass Art
- Shooting Sports
- Wilderness Trekking
- World War II History