Lori Akins, Adjunct Instructor for Music and Worship
Professor Akins teaches flute and directs the Flute Choir at Cedarville. She is Principal Flutist with the Springfield Symphony, and flutist and piccoloist with the Columbus Symphony and the Ohio Valley Symphony. Professor Akins also performs as a recitalist, chamber musician, and freelance flutist. She has presented and performed at National Flute Association conventions and served as secretary and general competitions coordinator. She is in demand as an adjudicator and clinician and also maintains a private flute studio. She is Past President of the Central Ohio Flute Association and was for many years Chair of their Young Artist Flute Competition.
Education and Credentials
- M.M. in Flute Performance, The Ohio State University
- B.M.E., The Ohio State University
- Favorite places to visit: Visiting her daughter in Virginia and any opportunity to visit the state of Maine.
- Hobbies: gardening, kayaking, and spending time with her family and two dogs.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I am at Cedarville because I love the opportunity to work with terrific students, faculty, and staff. Everyone works well together and the results are amazing!
- Orchestral/Chamber Music