Before joining the faculty of the Department of Music and Worship in 2001, Dr. Curlette was a member of the Grand Rapids Symphony Orchestra, a solo clarinetist with The Mantovani Orchestra, and the Associate Principal Clarinetist for the Pittsburgh Ballet Orchestra. An active recitalist and acclaimed for his interpretations of 20th century music, Dr. Curlette has had over 100 compositions written for him by composers from all over the world, such as Dmitrii Smirnov, Serban Nichifor, Rossano Pinelli, Gabriel Mălăncioiu, Austin Jaquith, Steven Winteregg, David Morneau, and Javier Pérez Garrido. His teachers include James M. Pyne, D. Stanley Hasty, Gervase dePeyer, and Carl H. C. Anderson.
Education and Credentials
- D.M.A., The Ohio State University
- M.M., Eastman School of Music
- B.S., Jacksonville State University
- Favorite Places to Visit: The Outer Banks, San Francisco
- Hobbies: Building and flying radio controlled aircraft, long-distance cycling
- Why I’m at Cedarville: To raise up the next generation of musicians who show their love for Christ through their musical excellence.