Beth Porter, Chair, Music & Worship and Associate Professor, Vocal Music
A native Texan, Professor Porter toured Southern France with Maestro Robert Shaw, performing as soprano soloist in Bach’s B MINOR MASS and Brahms’ LIEBESLIEDER WALTZES. She sang in the North American Premiere of Mendelssohn's opera DER ONKLE AUS BOSTON under the direction of Maestro Helmuth Rilling at the Oregon Bach Festival and was the soprano soloist for the their 2007 production of KING DAVID. In 2004, she was invited to be the featured soloist at the White House National Day of Prayer ceremony where she sang for President George W. Bush and 200 of his invited guests.
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in music, Western Carolina University
- B.M. in vocal performance, Baylor University
- Birds – I am an avid bird watcher and can do amazing bird calls!
- Growing things – flowers, vegetables, voices
- Laughing – I love to spend time laughing with family and friends, especially my daughter
- Playing games – I love most games and don’t care if I win or lose!
- Music History Pedagogy
- Bird Calls
- Southern Cooking