Mr. Butgereit is Lecturer and Clinical Faculty in the School of Nursing at Cedarville University, where he teaches the Behavioral /Mental Health Nursing Course. David is also Faith Based Liaison for The Blind Project, an anti human trafficking organization which focuses its work in Southeast Asia.
David received his B.S.N. from Cedarville University in 1997, and his M.S.N from The University of Cincinnati in 2004. He spent multiple years as a Nurse Therapist working with the most severely addicted and acutely maladaptive clients, and has worked with dual-diagnosed (mental health and substance abuse disorder) clients in a variety of settings, including prisons, in-patient hospitals, out-patient day programs, crisis care facilities, and in the church.
- MSN in Healthcare Administration, University of Cincinnati
- BSN, Cedarville University
Areas of Interest
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Health care administration
Selected Scholarly Activities/Professional Services
- 2009: Director of Clinical Services, Maxim Healthcare Systems, Cincinnati, OH
- 2006-2008: Senior Clinical Systems Analyst, Community Mercy Health Partners, Springfield, OH
- 2005-2006: Adjunct Teacher- Psychology: Abnormal, General & Social, Kaplan College (formerly OIP&T), Dayton, OH
- 2001-2003: Nurse Therapist / Nurse Case Manager, Daymont Behavioral Healthcare, Dayton, OH
- 2009 – present: The Blind Project, Faith Based Liaison / Writer
- 2008-- 2009: The Garden of Hope, Director of Advancement
- Human Trafficking