Professor Cliff Fawcett serves as the lead faculty for the Family Nurse Practitioner program and is an Assistant Professor of Nursing. He has more than 17 years of experience as a nurse practitioner including 11 years in Philadelphia, where he worked alongside the team physician for the Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and several other professional and collegiate sports teams. He currently maintains a private practice two days each week at a nearby family practice office in Yellow Springs. He has been at Cedarville since 2010.
Selected Scholarly Activities
- Committee member The Efficacy of Brain Natriuretic Peptides in the Diagnosis of Heart Failure in a Primary Care Setting Lead author: Stephen K. Sandlund 8/2013
- Committee member The Ohio High School Athletic Association Pre-Participation Examination Form and Mild-Traumatic Brain Injury self-report with High School Football Athletes: A descriptive correlational study. Lead author: Hillary Willets 11/2013.
- Committee member Perceived benefits and barriers of exercise in college age students before and after participating in regular exercise compared to a cohort group Lead Author: Abby Pippin 8/2013
- Fawcett, C.W. (2001, June). Thermal shrinkage of partial tears of the ACL. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Philadelphia Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.
- Freedman, K., Bartolozzi, A.R., Lamar, D., & Fawcett, C.W. (2001, April).Thermal shrinkage of partial tears of the ACL. Presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Seattle, WA.
- Lamar, D.S., Bartolozzi, A.R., Freedman, K.B., Nagda, S., & Fawcett, C.W. (2005). Thermal modification of partial tears of the anterior cruciate ligament. Arthroscopy: Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, 21(7), 809–814.
- Valletta, D., Reddy, S., Bartolozzi, A.R., & Fawcett, C.W. (2006, March).Functional outcome following ACL reconstruction in patients aged 50 and over. Poster presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Led medical missions trip to Lima, Peru, Summer 2013
- Leadership team for college ministry at Grace Baptist Church, Cedarville, Ohio
- Camp nurse for New Life Island Baptist Camp, Frenchtown, New Jersey
Education and Credentials
- M.S.N., Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Delaware
- M.Ed., Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, University of Virginia
- B.S.N., Cedarville University
- Primary care
- Health promotion
- Sports medicine