Miriam Ansong, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Director, Drug Information and Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
As a Director of the Center for Global Health Education and Development, Dr. Ansong focuses on conducting global and domestic research in underserved populations to bridge the gap with needed resources. She formerly served as a founding Director for the Drug Information Center and Drug Information Residency Program at Sullivan University. Her innovative works have been recognized and presented at national conferences. In 2006, Dr. Ansong was recognized as one of America’s Top Pharmacists by Consumers Research Council of America. She has authored publications including two book chapters. Her interests include global health, community outreach programs, innovations in drug information education, and assessment.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Howard University College of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1), Detroit Medical Center
- Drug Information Residency (PGY2), University of Illinois at Chicago
- Places to visit: big cities where there is a lot to do and where my family members are
- Personal interests: Traveling, walking, and dancing
- Why Cedarville: Because it's a place filled with God fearing children where people care and treat each other with love, honesty, and integrity.