Dr. Frame earned her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from the McWhorter School of Pharmacy at Samford University after attending Purdue University and Samford for prepharmacy course work. She then completed a post-graduate residency at the Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Colorado where she also lectured at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Relocating to Cincinnati, Dr. Frame accepted a position with Kroger Pharmacy, serving as a patient care clinical manager. There she helped execute their medication therapy management services, which included diabetes, hypertension, lipid management, fitness and weight loss management, smoking cessation, medication therapy reviews, and immunizations. She was also a preceptor for pharmacy students during her time there.
While her professional interests and experiences have covered a variety of patient care areas, Dr. Frame has also invested her energies in addressing the needs of HIV patients. This interest has fueled ongoing research into drug interactions as well as presentations to a variety of audiences on this relevant topic. She has a heart for underserved patients, especially in areas of the world that lack adequate medical services.
- Favorite Place(s) to visit: Anywhere tropical!
- Hobbies: Spending time with my husband (Joel) and new baby girl (Nellie), being outdoors, fishing (if my husband puts the worm on and takes the fish off!), going to concerts/listening to music, traveling to see our families, relaxing with friends
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville provides me with the amazing opportunity to fulfill my passions in not only providing care to patients, but also in teaching and mentoring students. I feel very blessed to be able to build relationships and begin my teaching career here at Cedarville. It is a wonderful university and I am excited to see where God takes the pharmacy program!
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Samford University
- Pharmacy practice residency, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO
- Certificates: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, Basic Life Support, Immunizations
- Active Learning Method
- Drug Abuse
- Emergency Contraception
- Medication Therapy Management
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Team-Based Learning (TBL)
- Women's Health