Marc Sweeney, Asst. Academic V.P., School of Pharm., Prof. of Pharm. Prac.
Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Sweeney is the Founding Dean of the School of Pharmacy at Cedarville University. Prior to starting the School of Pharmacy, he was part of the team that started The University of Findlay College of Pharmacy and founded their Department of Pharmacy Practice. He has also served on the faculty and leadership at Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy. He taught both medical students and family medicine residents as a clinical faculty member for Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. During his academic career he has participated in raising several million dollars through advancement initiatives.
In addition to an extensive academic background, he also has experience in many areas of practice including community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, ambulatory care, homecare/home infusion, hospice and palliative care, pain management and long term care. He developed the first clinical pharmacy position in Doctors Hospital OhioHealth Family Medicine Residency Program and several pharmacy residency and fellowship programs. He has served as the President and Board Member of the Ohio Pharmacists Association, Board Member of the Ohio Chapter of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, and has won over 25 awards during his career.
Throughout his professional career, he has provided many professional presentations, published several articles and book chapters and has obtained over $400,000 in research grants.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., The Ohio State University
- M.Div., Southwestern Bible College and Seminary
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University
- Fellowship in Academic Leadership, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Certificate: Palliative Care
- Favorite places to visit: Canadian Rockies, Kiawah Island
- Hobbies: Family, Running, Biking, Piano, Trumpet, Soccer
- Why I'm at Cedarville: God is doing something amazing here
- Health and Prescription Benefits
- Medication Safety
- Palliative Care and Hospice
- Pain Management
- Patient Safety
- Wellness Programs