Dr. Simpson is a Jamaican citizen and completed her academic studies in her home country. Before coming to Cedarville, she obtained postdoctoral training in the laboratories of Professors Thomas Prisinzano and Jeffrey Aubé at the University of Kansas. Her research interests include drug discovery from natural sources and the synthesis of biologically active small molecules. Dr. Simpson has several peer-reviewed publications and has made poster and oral presentations at international conferences in her field. She is a member of several professional organizations including Sigma Xi, The American Society of Pharmacognosy, and The American Chemical Society.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- B.Sc. in Chemistry and Food Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Iowa
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Kansas
- Favorite Places to visit: Port Antonio, Jamaica, and Toronto, Canada
- Hobbies: Reading, Music, Basketball, Track and Field
- Why I’m at Cedarville: It’s all a part of God’s plan!
- Drug Discovery
- Medicinal Chemistry