Marc Sweeney, Dean, School of Pharm., Prof. of Pharm. Prac.
Dean and Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Marc. Sweeney is the Founding Dean of the School of Pharmacy at Cedarville University. Prior to starting the School of Pharmacy, he was part of the team that started the University of Findlay College of Pharmacy and founded its Department of Pharmacy Practice. He also served on the faculty and leadership at Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy and taught both medical students and family medicine residents as a clinical faculty member for Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
In addition to an extensive academic background, he also has experience in many areas of practice including managed care, community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, ambulatory care, homecare/home infusion, hospice and palliative care, pain management, and long-term care. He developed the first clinical pharmacy position in Doctors Hospital OhioHealth Family Medicine Residency Program and several pharmacy residency and fellowship programs. He has served as the President and Board Member of the Ohio Pharmacists Association, Board Member of the Ohio Chapter of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, Board Member of Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International, and has won more than 25 awards during his career. Throughout his professional career, he has provided numerous professional presentations, published articles and book chapters, and obtained several research grants.
During his academic career he has been part of raising several million dollars through advancement initiatives.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., The Ohio State University
- M.Div., Southwestern Bible College and Seminary
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University
- Fellowship in Academic Leadership, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Certificate: Palliative Care
- Favorite places to visit: Canadian Rockies, Kiawah Island
- Hobbies: Running, Biking, Piano, Trumpet, Hiking, Concerts
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I was honored and humbled that God would afford me the opportunity to build a school of pharmacy for His glory.
- Reducing Costs and Improving Outcomes in Health Care
- Health and Prescription Drug Benefits
- Medication Safety
- Palliative Care and Hospice Pain Management
- Wellness and Health Coaching
- Motivating Change
- Health and Prescription Benefits
- Medication Safety
- Palliative Care and Hospice
- Pain Management
- Patient Safety
- Wellness Programs