Emily Laswell, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
During her postgraduate pharmacy practice residency at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio, Dr. Laswell developed and researched a discharge medication counseling program for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. She was awarded a grant from The American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists Foundation for this project. During her residency, she also obtained a teaching certificate from the Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. Her clinical practice experience includes three years of service in the neurology intensive care unit at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. Currently, Dr. Laswell practices at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, where she functions as a member of the clinical team in the MS infusion clinic and inpatient neurology units.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Completion of PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency in Inpatient/Acute Care at Grandview Medical Center
- Teaching Certificate, Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Favorite Place(s) to visit: Sanibel Island or any other beach!
- Hobbies: Spending time with my husband, family and friends; reading
- Why Cedarville: What an amazing blessing to have the opportunity to work with pharmacy students in a Christ-centered environment! I cannot wait to see where God leads this program!