Samson Amos, Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Science
Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Following the completion of his education, Dr. Amos worked as a Senior Research Fellow at the prestigious National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research in Abuja, Nigeria. After coming to the U.S., he completed postdoctoral training at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville. His research focused on understanding the mechanisms of brain tumor invasive growth. He was awarded a Farrow Fellowship grant to study the therapeutic potential of anticancer agents. Dr. Amos taught pharmacology courses in Nigeria and has conducted a number of research projects in natural product pharmacology. Dr. Amos has numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and has also served as an adjunct reviewer for a number of journals.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, University of Nigeria
- M.S. in Pharmacology, University of Jos
- B.Pharm., Ahmadu Bello University
- Favorite places to visit: historic places, Caverns, Smithsonian museums.
- Hobbies: soccer, tennis, basketball, traveling
- Why Cedarville: Because it’s an amazing academic institution positively impacting lives.