Justin Cole, Asst. Professor of Pharmacy, Vice Chair of Pharmacy Practice
Prior to joining the faculty of the School of Pharmacy, Dr. Justin Cole served as Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, where he was responsible for oversight and strategic development of clinical and investigational drug services within the health system. He has also served as Pharmacy Educator and provided clinical pharmacy services for Pediatric Neurosciences and the Comprehensive Epilepsy Clinic, among other pediatric patient populations. Dr. Cole was instrumental in developing the pharmacy department's drug information platform, expanding pediatric clinical pharmacy services, and enhancing clinical decision support with the electronic heath record at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Dr. Cole has been a preceptor for introductory and advanced pharmacy practice students as well as numerous pharmacy residents, and was selected as Residency Preceptor of the Year at Nationwide Children's Hospital in 2012 and as Preceptor of Distinction for Cedarville University in 2016. He has served as a presenter at a number of state and national meetings and lecturer at the Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy and the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Cole is also active in free medical clinics in Columbus, Ohio, serving as Pharmacy Lead for Grace Clinics of Ohio's Hardin Clinic.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Certifications: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Licensed pharmacist: Ohio
- Favorite Places to Visit: Ludington, MI; Isle of Palms, SC; anywhere with mountains
- Hobbies: Spending time with family, hiking, playing the guitar, golf
- Why I'm at Cedarville: God is doing amazing work within the School of Pharmacy. I wanted to be obedient to God’s calling to build into the lives of pharmacy students for the sake of the Kingdom. My desire is to help students become the leaders that shape how pharmacists serve and practice for years to come.
- Pediatric Pharmacy
- Clinical Decision Support
- Quality Improvement