Thad Franz, Asst. Prof. of Pharm Practice & Vice Chair Experiential Prog
Vice Chair of Experiential Programs and Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Prior to his academic appointment at Cedarville in 2012, Dr. Franz served as a pharmacist with the Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where he developed programs in the ambulatory care setting focused on patient adherence, education, and disease state management. He also served as a preceptor for advanced pharmacy practice students and pharmacy residents. He has also worked as a consultant pharmacist in clinical trials for the Ohio State University’s College of Medicine. In his role as Director of Experiential Programs, Dr. Franz trains pharmacists involved in precepting students in the professional pharmacy curriculum. He also serves as a liaison between the School and local pharmacies, identifying and facilitating opportunities for mutual benefit.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., The Ohio State University
- B.S.P.S., The Ohio State University
- Certificates: Diabetes education, medication therapy management, pharmacy-based specialty medication delivery, pharmacy-based immunization delivery
- Licensed pharmacist: Ohio
- Favorite Places to Visit: Retreat in Buchanan, Michigan; India; Jamaica; the golf course
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family, reading, music, sports
- Why I'm at Cedarville: I wanted to be obedient to God’s calling. I have a desire to use how He has gifted me to have an impact on the lives of students for the advancement of His kingdom.