Melody Hartzler, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Hartzler earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University. After finishing her degree she completed her pharmacy practice residency at the Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center in Columbus, Ohio. During her residency she also obtained a teaching certificate from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. Her clinical specialization involves Medication Therapy Management Services (MTMS) including anticoagulation, diabetes, hypertension, and lipid management.
Dr. Hartzler's clinical practice involves a collaborative practice at the Victor J. Cassano Health Center in Dayton, a facility focused upon serving individuals with limited access to health care. In this role she provides clinical pharmacy services in a physician teaching facility.
- Favorite Place(s) to visit: Hawaii (actually anywhere there is sand and blue water!)
- Hobbies: Relaxing with my husband (Dustin), Music (piano/singing), Traveling, Spending time with friends and family
- Why Cedarville: God has blessed me with the amazing opportunity to use my passion for pharmacy education and patient care for His glory! He is working in amazing ways through this program.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Certified Asthma Educator
- Teaching certificate, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
- Residency in pharmacy practice with an emphasis on ambulatory care, Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center
- Family Practice Medicine
- Innovative Practice Models
- Shared Medical Appointments