Dr. Markham began as an adjunct instructor at Cedarville in 2003, teaching classes in both the psychology and education departments before becoming a full-time faculty member in 2011. She worked as a certified school psychologist in Ohio and five other states and the Philippines. She has provided psychological services in public, private, Christian, Catholic, and international school settings, as well as to homeschool families. She has also provided services in retirement homes and residential treatment centers. She serves as an advisory board member of a Christian boarding school in Indiana. Her research interests are in the areas of psychology that involve learning and the educational process.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D., School Psychology, Ball State University
- Ed.S., School Psychology, Ball State University
- M.A., School Psychometry, Ball State University
- B.A. in Sociology/Psychology, Grace College
- Favorite places: At home with my family, preferably cooking and eating together, or at the home of friends, cooking and eating together; also at my house church, eating together before we dig into the Word and spend time praying together
- Least favorite places: Any mall, or other shopping places with large amounts of people and noise, especially the day after Thanksgiving
- Favorite grandchildren: Esther and Judah Hale, Emma Markham and baby Mitchell
- Hobbies: Cooking, baking, and preparing meals for family and friends; gardening and spending time outside with the dogs; riding my motorcycle – when the weather allows; reading – almost any genre
- Why Cedarville: I feel so blessed to be a part of the psychology department here at Cedarville. This is an eclectic and diverse group of educators who represent the broad scope of the profession of psychology, but with a unity of purpose that clearly comes from the Holy Spirit’s leading.