Before coming to Cedarville University, Professor Rice worked for 28 years as a geologist and engineer in government, industry, and academia, and for six years as a private consultant working as geological engineer and project manager. Most of his professional career was spent in the natural gas industry. Professor Rice is a Registered Professional Geologist and still works as a private consultant on engineering geology projects in the eastern United States. He is the author or co-author of a dozen articles published in both technical journals and nontechnical publications.
Education and Credentials
- M.Engr. in Geological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- B.S. in Geology, West Virginia University
- Hobbies include geologic studies, hunting and fishing, staying at his log cabin in a wilderness area of eastern West Virginia, and doing things with his family.
- He enjoys visiting anywhere that has good rock exposures.
- His favorite places to explore are Alaska and the Colorado River Grand Canyon in Arizona and the eastern West Virginia mountains.