Before coming to Cedarville University, Professor Rice worked for 28 years as a geologist and engineer in government, industry, and academia, and for six years as a private consultant working as geological engineer and project manager. Most of his professional career was spent in the natural gas industry. Professor Rice is a Registered Professional Geologist and still works as a private consultant on engineering geology projects in the eastern United States. He is the author and co-author of dozens of articles in published in both technical journals and nontechnical publications.
Education and Credentials
- M.E. in Geological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- B.S. in Geology, West Virginia University
- Hobbies include studying geology, hunting, fishing, staying at log cabin in wilderness area of eastern West Virginia, and doing things with the family.
- Enjoys visiting anywhere that has good rock exposures.
- Favorite places to explore are Alaska and Colorado River Grand Canyon.