Route 1: Becoming a Pre-Med Student
On Being a Doctor:
- Do you enjoy science (especially biology) and mathematics?
- Are you a strong student academically, and disciplined in your study habits?
- Are you prepared to be a student for the rest of your life?
- Do you care about people, and about meeting their physical needs?
- Are you willing to work long hours, and are you able to balance your academic and extracurricular life?
- Can you handle correction and constructive criticism?
- Are you willing to forgive yourself for your shortcomings, and to continually strive to become better?
- Do you feel that God has called you into a life of service?
If your answer to most of the above is "Yes," and if you're willing to work on those areas where you aren't so sure, perhaps a career in medicine is for you.
Information about preparing for medical school: