Lisa Clifton, Assistant Professor, Social Work
Prior to coming to Cedarville in 2011, Dr. Clifton was the Director of Community Services for the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission, managing eight county Neighborhood Centers and a homeless grant received through federal funds. She practiced workers’ compensation law for five years, as well as civil litigation and subrogation. She has also worked with low-income, first generation students as the administrator of a federal program, Upward Bound, at the College of Mount St. Joseph and counseling coordinator at Morehead State University, where she also served as adjunct professor of social work. Dr. Clifton serves as a site visitor for the Council on Social Work Education, the accrediting body for social work education.
Education and Credentials
- J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
- M.S.W., University of Kentucky
- B.S.W., Morehead State University
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Kentucky, 2004 - present
- Certified Community Action Professional (CCAP)
- Favorite places to visit: Eastern Kentucky to see my family, any country in Scandinavia, Kazakhstan, mountains of Tennessee
- Hobbies: golf, french horn, piano, riding the Harley with my husband, Reds baseball, UK Basketball – Go Big Blue!
- Bereavement Care
- Inner City Youth
- Living Wage
- Social Work Ethics/Legal Issues