Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community that prepares students for lives of academic, professional, and personal excellence through an education consistent with biblical truth.
- To undergird each student in the fundamentals of the Christian faith, and to equip each student to evaluate knowledge in the light of Scriptural truth.
- To prepare students in the liberal arts, professional programs, and graduate studies for academic specialization.
- To increase the student's awareness of the world of ideas and events influencing contemporary culture.
- To enable each student to develop sound critical and analytical reasoning.
- To develop skills in written and oral communication, information management, and use of technology.
- To encourage growth in Christian character through obedience to Scripture in order to glorify God in all of life.
- To equip students to engage culture through life-long service to God in the local church, the community, and the world.
12/2/2004 Final Draft
Recommended Mission Statement & Objectives