Whether you've already chosen a major or are still considering your options, the next step in your journey to Cedarville is to complete the Major Selection Checkpoint.
As a new transfer or a freshman, the major you choose will impact the classes you take in fall semester. Class schedules for all new students are developed this summer through the Office of the Registrar.
- Schedules are developed during the summer using a specially-designed computer process.
- Essential major courses will be included in the schedule that is prepared for you.
- Schedules will take into account any Advanced Placement or transfer credit for which you are eligible; make sure to provide official copies of score reports or college transcripts (see Checkpoint #7).
- You will have the opportunity to meet with your academic advisor before classes begin in August to discuss your class schedule and make changes, if desired. If you're contemplating a second major and/or additional minor, you can talk with your advisor at this time, too.
- Please provide official copies of your final transcripts.
- Watch for communication from Karisa Linafelter in the Office of the Registrar regarding your registration process.
- If you have any questions or need information, contact Karisa at 1-800-CEDARVILLE (233-2784).
- Reserve Your Spot
Pay your deposit and ensure your place. You cannot confirm your major until you have deposited.
- Confirm Your Major
You must use your CedarNet user name and password to login to confirm your major. If you cannot remember your username or password, please contact Admissions.
Resources for Choosing Your Major
- Programs of Study
Learn more about specific majors and minors. If you're undecided, that's fine! We provide resources to help you make a wise decision.
- Academic Enrichment Center (The Cove)
Talk with encouraging staff members who will discuss your options with you and develop strategies for success.
- Career Services
Cedarville's Career Services provides a number of helpful resources for choosing a major and researching a career. For example, in August, you'll have the opportunity to take an individual, personal growth resource designed to help you maximize your God-given talents and abilities.
- Office of the Registrar
Connect with knowledgeable counselors to obtain important information related to course registration, academic advising, program requirements, and credits for testing (Advanced Placement/CLEP).