Included in the Tour Cost
- Air Transportation: Round-trip transatlantic economy class from New York Airport. A limited number of seats will be confirmed. Participants will be given these seats on a first-come, first-served basis. Airfare used is based on economy class effective at date of publication. Airfares and airlines are subject to change should more seats be needed than allocated.
- Hotels: Deluxe hotels throughout, double occupancy.
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner daily except where noted on itinerary. (Beverages provided at breakfast only.)
- Sightseeing: As itinerary specifies, in deluxe motorcoaches with English-speaking guide. All entrance fees are included.
- Transfers: All group transfers between airports and hotels.
- Porterage: Porterage of one suitcase (standard size).
- Tips: Tips to guides, drivers, and hotel staff.
- Taxes: Airport departure taxes in the U.S. and Israel; amount is subject to change and is based on tax rates and fuel surcharges at time of ticketing.
Not Included in the Tour Cost
- Lunches; beverages at meals (other than coffee and tea with breakfast).
- Personal Expenses: Such as passport fees, visas for non-US citizens, travel insurance, laundry, phone calls, etc.
- Single Room Occupancy: A limited number of single rooms are available at an additional cost of $900 per person.
- Reservations: A deposit of $750 must accompany the reservation form for each participant enrolling in the tour. An additional partial payment of $1,500 is due by January 10, 2012. Final payment is due by February 20, 2012.
- Tour Prices: All tour prices are based on costs, charges, taxes and U.S. dollar exchange rates known at the time of booking. Morning Star Tours regrets that should any of these costs change, a surcharge may be added to the cost of your tour. You would be notified prior to travel.
- Deviations and Changes: Participant requests for deviations from itinerary are subject to space plus an applicable airfare surcharge, and a $50 deviation fee per person. To enable finalizing of group arrangements, requests and changes are not accepted less than 60 days prior to departure.
- Insurance: Baggage, trip cancellation and emergency medical insurance is STRONGLY recommended. Forms will be provided upon registration. (Note: The exclusion of pre-existing conditions is waived provided the premium is received no later than fifteen days after the initial deposit for your trip.)
- Cancellations: All cancellation notices must be received in writing.
|Date of Cancellation
|Prior to January 10, 2012
||Penalty of 50% of your deposit
|January 10, 2012 to February 20, 2012
||Penalty of 100% of your deposit
|February 21, 2012 until departure
- Passports: You must have a valid passport with expiration not less than six months after your return to the United States. It takes about eight to twelve weeks to secure a passport so don’t delay. Non-U.S. passport holders must contact Morning Star Tours to confirm need for visa. Passport information and applications can be obtained through the U.S. State Department website.
- Baggage Allowance: Due to the size of the motorcoach we can only allow one checked piece, not to exceed 62 inches (length plus width plus depth) and 50 lbs. You may also bring one carry-on item.
- The tour operator reserves the right to make necessary changes to the itinerary.
Morning Star Tours, with their officers and staff, act only as agents for the various companies whose accommodations are utilized. They assume no responsibility or liability in connection with the services of any train, carriage, automobile, airplane, or other conveyance which will be used either wholly or in part. Neither will they be responsible for any act, error, omission, or any injury, loss, accident, or any delay which may be occasioned by reason of defect in any vehicle or through neglect or default of any company or person engaged in the conveying of passengers. Morning Star Tours accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in motorcoach, train, airplane services, or that of any other conveyance, sickness, accident, weather, strikes, war, quarantine, or other causes; and all such losses or expenses must be borne by the passenger.
The airlines and/or other transportation companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time the passengers are not aboard their plane or conveyance. The passage contract, as issued by the airlines or other transportation companies involved with the tour, shall constitute the sole contract between the purchaser and the airlines or transportation companies and limit the responsibilities of the tour sponsors concerning the related travel and accommodations. Prices and schedules that appear in any brochure or web site are based on current schedules and tariff rates and are subject to change without notice.
Payment of deposit for this tour signifies full understanding and acceptance of the above-mentioned conditions.