Nancy Voorhies, Regional Director for Institutional Relations
Director for Regional Advancement
My father was a pastor in Canada for six decades, so as a "pastor's kid," I had the privilege of being exposed to people from all walks of life and ministry who visited our home and conversed around our dining room table. I became a true "Mary," gleaning knowledge of people and being enthralled with their stories.
Before coming to Cedarville University in March 2008, I worked for 26 years with Toronto- Dominion Bank in Toronto, Canada, most recently as Manager and Relationship Account Manager in Private Banking. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my clients, experiencing genuine fascination with their passions and interest in their life's journeys while serving their financial needs. God, in His wisdom, led me to Cedarville to continue building relationships, now with donors and investors, to learn their stories and encourage their financial partnership and investment in Cedarville - an investment in eternity.
Since coming to Cedarville, I met my husband Dr. John Voorhies, Jr., through CU alums and we were married November 18, 2011. We look forward to meeting in airports as I travel extensively throughout the US and John is currently on assignment as Interim Director of Pharmacy at Billings Clinic in Billings, MT.
- Spending time with my new husband John
- Travelling for work and for pleasure
- Entertaining and spending time with family and friends
- Home decorating
- Playing keyboard on the church worship team at my church
- Diploma, Church Music Vocal Performance, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL, 1977
- Opera Performance Training, Victoria Conservatory of Music, Victoria, B.C., 1982
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Toronto, ON, 1992