Note: Ocean View rooms are no longer available.
Is there a suggested hotel in Tampa?
- Our suggested hotel offers shuttle service to the port and free parking for up to 14 days —
Tahitian Inn Hotel Cafe & Spa
601 S. Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, FL 33609
What do I need to bring?
- Bag limitations — Each person may bring two pieces of luggage weighing up to 50 lbs each. Your suitcases will be collected the night before returning home so remember to pack an overnight bag for prescriptions and necessary items.
- Packing suggestions — For details on how to dress for different events and for packing lists and restrictions, please visit Norwegian’s Prepare for your Cruise page. This site also has suggestions for children’s activities, if you decide to bring your kids.
What are the required documents?
- You may either check in with a valid US passport or with two forms of ID that prove US citizenship. The most common of these forms would be a valid driver’s license and a birth certificate. For more examples of valid documentation and information on documents for non-US citizens, please Norwegian’s Required Documentation page. **NOTE: PAGE MAY CHANGE AFTER 2014**
Are children welcome to come?
- Absolutely! Children over 12 months of age with proper documentation (listed above) are welcome to join the adventure! Norwegian offers a variety of family-friendly activities, including pools, sports complexes, and shore excursions. Kids can also take advantage of free child and youth programs, including supervised creative play, sports, and Norwegian’s own Splash Academy. Find out more on the Family Cruising page.
What is included in the cruise fare?
- Promotions — As part of a special promotion, guests of the Cedarville Friends for Life group will enjoy a $100 credit per room upon arrival. The credit can be used toward any excursion or ship amenity. The only exclusion is tipping and gratuity.
- Stateroom accommodations — All staterooms include a TV, safe, hair dryer, and toiletries. Complimentary room service is also available from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Cruise amenities — The cruise fare includes five complimentary dining options, transportation to our port of call, kids and youth programming, on-board entertainment, access to fitness facilities, use of outdoor pools and hot tubs, and of course the sweet company of the Cedarville family. Norwegian publishes the “Freestyle Daily” to highlight events and activities for the following day. For details and more information, check out the overview of the Norwegian Sun.
- Paid amenities and services — For an additional rate, the Norwegian Sun also offers spa and salon services, meals in specialty restaurants, an art gallery, internet access, laundry services, an arcade, and many other services.
Are there any hidden fees?
- Norwegian does reserve the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the price per barrel of fuel increase above $65. In the case that this occurs, Norwegian will have the sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge. This occurrence is unlikely and will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.
How do we get there?
- Flying — If flying, please make plans to arrive at the Tampa International Airport (TPA). Norwegian recommends booking a flight that will arrive no later than 6 hours prior to boarding. You might also consider arranging for a Norwegian Cruise Line Representative to meet you at baggage claim and transfer you by bus to the port. To make arrangements for this service, call 1-800-327-7030. You may also take advantage of a taxi service or rent a car.
- Driving — The location of the Pier is:
Tampa Cruise Terminal
815 Channelside Dr
Tampa, FL 33602
For information on parking and directions to Norwegian’s Port of Call, please click here
When should I arrive and check in?
- Norwegian requires all of its guests to check in online prior to boarding. The suggested time to check in is four days in advance. On the day of departure, the cruise line requests that guests arrive no earlier than one hour before the embarkation time noted on our eDocs and no later than two hours prior to departure time. To find out more, visit their site on Departure Day.
What do I need to know about our ports of call?
The cruise will depart and arrive in Tampa. If you plan to arrive early, you may want to make time for Busch Gardens, the Ybor City District, and the Museums of Art and of Science and Industry. Visit TampaGov.net for more visiting ideas. The average temperature range in February is 55 (low) – 73 (high) degrees.
Beautiful and unspoiled, Roatan is a peaceful, eco-tourist's dream, just 30 miles off the coast of Honduras. Teeming with marine life and home to some of the best pillar coral in the Caribbean, the pristine Belizean Reef is a diver's paradise. And the beauty of Tabyana Beach is always a sight to see. The average temperature is 66 (low) – 84 (high) degrees.
Belize City, Belize
Long before the 17th-century powers to fight over Belizean sovereignty, a complex Mayan civilization flourished here. Today, many of the architectural treasures from that amazing lost culture remain for you to explore in virtually untouched verdant jungles. The average temperature is 71 (low) – 80 (high) degrees.
Costa Maya, Mexico
This coastal paradise in the Yucatn features stunning beaches with soft sand and blue skies. Travel to see ancient Mayan ruins in this region rich with archaeological sites. The average temperature is 68 (low) – 84 (high) degrees.
The island of Cozumel off the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula continues to be known for its fantastic fishing, snorkeling and diving opportunities. And despite the growth of tourism in recent years, the island and its only town, San Miguel, retain much of their original warmth and charm. The average temperature is 68 (low) – 84 (high) degrees.
Will I have my own itinerary?
- Cruising is about relaxing, so we will not weigh you down with a full schedule before you arrive. Guests will have the opportunity to join the Cedarville family for breakfast and dinner, and to listen to sessions by our special guests. The time is completely yours, and you may fill it with as many excursions or other activities as you would like!
How does this different from booking a cruise on my own?
- There are multiple advantages when you book your cruise with us! Guests who register with the Cedarville Friends for Life tour receive a group rate that includes a $100 cruise credit for each room, special guests offering workshops throughout the vacation, encouraging devotionals, and the opportunity to spend quality time with friends you know and other Cedarville University alumni.