Do you have a strong desire to present God's truth through music, have a love for ministry, and are skilled musically? HeartSong may be the ministry for you!
HeartSong Ministries selects, equips, and sends out music teams for Cedarville University. The teams develop and maintain relationships for the University by providing music programs for external and internal settings.
We have five teams comprised of the following members:
- keyboard players
- auxiliary instrumentalist
- sound technician
We travel weekends during the school year and have a 10-week summer commitment. All the teams present a variety of worship music that blends contemporary and traditional styles along with testimonies, Scripture, and congregational songs. We desire to serve and are flexible in adjusting each program to fit every individual ministry opportunity.
Auditions for HeartSong will take place at the beginning of the 2012–2013 academic year. Those who are interested can sign up for an audition (held Sun 8/19, Mon 8/20, and Tues 8/21) during the Getting Started Weekend in August 2012.
- Come with a prepared solo.
- We will check your vocal range and do some sight-reading.
- Keyboard, violin, cello, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar
- Come with a prepared solo.
- You may be asked to sing.
- Come prepared to play with other instruments.
- You should have experience mixing live sound. Sign up for an audition and bring your completed application.
We do not specify the type or genre of song with which to audition. However, here are a few guidelines to help you decide:
- Choose a song which you feel you can really communicate. While we do listen intently to the music, we also want to see how well people communicate their song.
- You may want to listen to song clips from our recent HeartSong CD. That will give you an idea of what type of music HeartSong does. Visit the HeartSong CD page for song clips.
- While you may sing a capella, it would be best to use either an accompaniment track or live accompaniment. We do not provide someone to play for you, but you can ask around on campus and you should find plenty of people that could accompany you.
Each student who makes a music team agrees:
- to obey the rules and regulations of Cedarville University and the Christian Ministries Division.
- to have all aspects of programming learned by due dates.
- to attend all rehearsals (six hours per week average), on-campus performances, school-year tours (nine weekends), and summer tour (10-week commitment).
- to maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (library study hours will be required of all freshmen and upperclassmen with a GPA below 2.5).
- to not use touring as an excuse for missing chapel, classes, or assignments.
- to pay for any outfits purchased by the University should a team member leave or be removed from a team.
- that all materials produced in association/cooperation with the Christian Ministries Division are the sole properties of Cedarville University.
- that failure to fulfill team member responsibilities may result in removal from a team.
- that if a team member is removed from a team, he or she will be given a salary proportionate to the amount of time spent on a team.
- to make this music team ministry a top priority.
Many songs can be purchased and downloaded at www.praisecharts.com. Keep in mind, however, that many of the songs HeartSong uses are custom arrangements.
Many music selections are found in one of the following choral preview packets:
Music may be conveniently ordered from Pine Lake Music Co., 5336 Snapfinger Pk. Dr., Decatur GA 30035. Contact John Koger at 1-800-241-3667.